Pond & waterfall leak detection & repair services contractor
DU Waterscapes provides unique solutions for maintaining and servicing ponds & water features throughout Somerset, Avon, Devon, Wiltshire and Dorset.
What to rule out first
Leaks can be a worrying time for any pond or water feature owner, so we have devised a troubleshooting methodology to eliminate all other possibilities thus hopefully solving what needs repairing as quickly as possible.
We suggest starting with the most likely causes - leaky plumbing connections – check the filtration system, UVs, skimmers anything that you have that has water passing through it!
Check around the water falls, if these have been created with concrete, then has it cracked? Concrete actually wicks water so could this be causing the leak?
If you have ruled out the above and you are still having a problem with the pond level then the odds are that you probably have a hole in your liner needing attention.
What should you check for?
If you’ve got to this stage you probably need a professional pond builder to help you out and fix the issue
Contact us and please have some basic information ready. We will ask questions to find out the health of your water feature and in most circumstances we will ask for some photographs of the pond, so we can see what you are seeing!
Please ensure you have answers to questions like these:
- What size is your water feature, including the length, width and depth if known.
- When did it start happening and how long has it been going on for?
- How often do you have to fill it up?
- Roughly how much water do you think it goes down by in 24 hrs?
- Have you tried the pump test?
- Are there any sodden/wetter patches anywhere?
- Do you have a bubble/s in the liner?
- Are you considering having it rebuilt?
- Do you have a budget in mind for your problems to be fixed?
Let's get started
Looking to get started? Fantastic, we just need a few details from you.
Please fill out the contact form below in as much detail as possible and we will get back in-touch as soon as possible.